- Blog (EN)
- Коментари су искључени на Are you satisfied with your work?
Being satisfied with your work is extremely important. If we don’t like our job or if we are not satisfied with some segments of our work, such as the working atmosphere, people with whom we work, etc., that dissatisfaction can have a strong negative effect on our personal life.
We tend to get tired easily, feel sad, react hastily and miss the opportunity to socialize with people who are dear to us. Even the thought of work increases our stress level, not to mention getting up in the morning…
On the other hand, when we are satisfied with our job and like our working environment, we enjoy our working day even if we have a lot of work to do. We tend to actively participate in the company’s progress, strategy implementation, suggest ideas, etc. We are more efficient and productive and what is most important we are satisfied with our life. We are not too tired to go out after work and socialize with family and friends.
Today, more and more employers understand the importance of satisfied employees.
The manager of one company said, “Take care of your employees and they will take care of your business.” However, many companies are currently going through a transitional period from observing employees as just one part of the company to the key elements of a successful business.
However, there are still employers and managers who do not pay enough attention to their employees, and that is why many people have to find satisfaction in their work by themselves.
First, we need to ask ourselves a few questions to evaluate how satisfied we are with our work:
● Do I know what is expected of me at work?
● Do I have the materials necessary to do a good job?
● At work so I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day?
● In the last seven days have I received recognition or praise for doing good work?
● Does my supervisor or someone at work seem to care about me as a person?
● Is there someone at work who encourages my development?
Some more questions…
● At work do my opinions seem to count?
● Does the mission/purpose of my company make me feel my job is important?
● Are my coworkers committed to doing quality work?
● Do I have good friends at work?
● In the last six months has someone at work talked to me about my progress?
● This last year have I had opportunities at work to learn and grow?
However, answering the questions you will notice that not every question was equally important to you. Based on the PCM, a different question will be important to different personality types depending on the key needs of each type.
For example, the recognition of work is very important to Thinkers, Harmonisers need friendly atmosphere, while with Persisters the recognition of their convictions/beliefs is crucial.
What questions were the most important to you?